Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Current Update.....

My drums were played on by one of the greats in rock history. Carmine Appice instructed a masters drum class at Bentley's Drum Shop. Carmine, as some of you know, played drums for some of the top names such as Rod Stewart, Cactus, Ozzy Osbourne, Lesley West, Blue Murder, & that reverse goldielocks 80's Hair Band, King Kobra and many many others. Plus he is the co-writer of one of the greatest disco/rock songs of the late 1970's, "Do You Think I'm Sexy?". That song was so popular, one of the teeny bopper mags (probably Tiger Beat) durning that time had a "Win a Date with Carmine Contest". But I digress.....Carmine put on a great class, he liked my drums and cymbals, especially the 22" Prototype Sabian Ride Cymbal, which I believe is a hybrid of AAX and HHX. Made me miss playing on them.

No comments: