Thursday, December 20, 2012

Mark's Secret Public Practicing Drums Journal

So it has been awhile....

I'm still practicing in Stick Control pg. 6 Lines 47 & 48. Both of these lines have been giving me fits but lately, I've been applying them to the kit: Right Hand on 14" floor tom & Left Hand on Snare + both feet play 8th notes. This has helped me to hear, feel and understand how these patterns go AND counting out loud.

I'm also still working or warming up with singles, doubles, Linear fills (RLRK, LRLK, RRLRK, LLRLK, RLRLKK, RLRKKL, RLRKLK), double inverted paradiddle fill, and work on the speed of my left foot with different 16th note exercises.

Still tapping on my chest & knees and clapping to work on my speed and coordination. Now to only get the public to think I'm drummer, not some "special person". :HB:

Need to get back on the wagon. Later Everybody.

No comments: