Monday, January 19, 2009

Remembering A Good Day

Yesterday was a good day. And physically tiring mostly because I'm me like I put in the profile. But what I did was all worth it. I went to NAMM (National Association of Musical Merchandisers) Convention in Anaheim, California. This event for days long, starting on Thursday and ending late Sunday night. Of course, the best time for me to go is on Sunday because thats when a big group of us can go. And that group was three: Me, UFC Boy, & Man's Man. I really do wish a bigger group of us would go but they do have lives and well...I don't...but I digress (homage to Peter David)....

The driving was ok but crazy at times because I rented what I would consider a small car (I'm cheap) and traveling through "The Grapevine" can be a pain. Then there is actually being in LA. I-5 wasn't too bad at the time but we did vered off in the wrong direction away from the I-5. Yet we percivered and made it to our destination.

We were there for almost seven hours, looking at all the cool new things coming out. But my deal was the people I could meet like my musical heroes and musicians I currently respect and listen to. Met a lot of cool people and once again I realized I need a digital camera; my phone doesn't cut it. List of people I met: Gene Hoglan (drummer, Metalocalypse: Dethklok, Mechanism, Opeth, Testament, Dark Angel), Stanton Moore (drummer, Galatic, Corrosion of Conformity), Jean-François Dagenais (guitarist) & Stéphane Barbe (bassist) of the Canadian Death Metal Band KATAKLYSM!!! (it was really cool meeting them, being a metal geek), Ray Luzier (drummer, Korn, Army of Anyone), Johnny Rabb (drummer, Independant, U.S.S.A.). Meeting these people and getting to talk to them made all the difference. My feet didn't hurt, my abs didn't feel like cramping, my knees didn't swell up, so on and so forth. Man I'm getting old OR I need to really workout harder and eat smarter. Yes, this day was a good day. Politics suck.

The drive back you ask, well it was a little crazy because it was me behind the wheel with my eyes closed. But UFC Boy kept me in check and we made it home. Oh....we had a great dinner at the Carrows Kitchen in Bakersfield. Try the Mile High Roast Beef Sandwich; delicious. And the waitresses were cute and nice too.

Hey Look From My Head: My 2009 NAMM Experience.

No comments: